If you need help:
In an emergency - in a life or death situation ring 999 explain the problem and get help from the Ambulance, Fire or Police Services.
During surgery hours - contact your GP on the usual number and request an emergency appointment.
Outside of surgery hours - you can call NHS Direct 111 and the team will direct you to the most appropriate care.
Alternatively you can visit Newham's Emergency Department:
There is a Mental Health Liaison Team based within the Emergency Department who will be able to offer you:
- an assessment
- treatment based on your mental health
Mental Health Crisis / Out of Hours:
Newham - 24 Hour Mental Health Crisis Helpline
020 7540 6782
Call this number if you feel your mental health is deteriorating or if you are in distress and you need to contact a qualified mental health professional out of office hours
The Crisis Helpline can:
Crisis Line poster
- support and help you if you have mental health problems
- provide accurate information and advice about local mental health services
- communicate with other services or teams on your behalf if you wish
- support you in a non-directive way, to empower and encourage you to take control of your own life and come to your own decisions