0-25 SEND Social Care Team
The Disabled Children and Young People Service is a specialist team supporting and safeguarding children and young people up to the age of 18 years old with disabilities.
Within the service there is a Preparing for Adulthood Team, who work with young people as they approach adulthood up to the age of 25 years old, where they are in educuation. The team complete adult care assessments and put in place support for when young people become adults.
The team work with children and young people who are eligible for social care with one or more of the following:
- Severe or profound learning disability
- Severe or profound physical disability
- Complex health needs expected to last more than one year
- Severe or profound communication difficulties
- Severe development delay
Where an assessment by the team identifies social care support is required a Child in Need Plan or Support Plan is put in place. This may include:
- Regular social work intervention
- Signposting to specialist and community services e.g. CAMHS, Holiday activities
- Provision of short breaks such as domiciliary care and overnight respite
- Provision of direct payments for families to use to meet the needs of their children
The team closely links with partner agencies such as schools, health and the SEN team to ensure the overall needs of the child/ young person are met.
Access to social care support is through
Call the Children's Triage Service on 020 3373 4600
Call the Access to Social Care Team on 020 8430 2000 Option 2