Overdose emergency information
Death from a drug overdose can be prevented if these following steps are taken.
Someone can experience an overdose at any point up to three hours after they inject, which means there could be time to save a life.
Action steps to be taken:
- Check for life signs: call the person's name, give them a pinch
- If they are conscious enough you can ask them what they have taken so you can tell the ambulance crew
- if you do not get a response, check breathing and pulse
- Clear airways (mouth, nose)
- If unconscious, place person in recovery position
- Dial 999
- Stay with the person until professional help arrives
Naloxone - is a medicine that can temporarily reverse the effect of an opioid overdose and comes in pre filled syringes which you or someone caring for you can access from Newham Rise.
Newham Rise - more information
They can provide training on how to use the syringe.
Change Grow Live (CGL)- Newham Young People Substance Misuse Service
CGL Newham Young People substance misuse service replaced the Newham Children and Adolescents Mental Health Service (CAMHS) on 1 April, 2018.
This is an open access service that covers:
- Drug and Alcohol
- Health and Wellbeing
- 1- 2-1 Key working & Group working
- Family support Including M-PACT Family therapy
- ITEP mapping
- Hidden Harm- children affected by substance misusing parents
We always welcome new clients, so please get in touch if you are interested in getting help from the service or you’d just like to ask some questions. Feel free to bring someone with you on your first visit.
CGL Newham referral form CGL Newham hidden harm referral form
Call: 07741 196424
For a list of organisations that provide Drug and Alcohol treatment and recovery services in Newham, click on the directory link below and enter your postcode:
Drug and Alcohol treatment and recovery services in Newham