Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content


We will not charge you for non-residential care that is subject to a financial assessment if you meet the criteria below:

  • are diagnosed as suffering with any form of Creuzfeldt Jacob Disease (CJD)
  • are getting services provided under the Carers and Disabled Act 2000, including accommodation and care to people you care for while you take a Carers Break. We will charge for any temporary accommodation and care not in support of a carers break
  • are subject to Section 117 of the Mental Health Act 1983 where non-residential services are part of your after care.
  • the first six weeks of an Enablement or Intermediate Care service
  • are getting NHS continuing healthcare, living in your own home where the NHS is responsible for meeting all nursing and personal care needs

Exemption under the children (Leaving Care) Act 2000.

You are a young person aged 16 and up to 21 years and have been looked after, accommodated or fostered by a council after your 16th birthday and are:

  • in need of advice and befriending
  • getting family credit
  • getting disability working allowance or
  • getting income based jobseekers allowance
  • exempt under the Children Act 1989 Section 24A (6).

How to get in touch

You can contact the Financial Assessment Charging Team directly:

Call: 0203 373 1184
Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm