Newham Council is encouraging residents to give their health a boost.
In partnership with HAGA-Action on Alcohol, the council is:
- raising awareness of how alcohol affects health in the borough
- helping residents to think about their drinking
- helping residents access help if they need it
Alcohol can affect health in a number of ways, including:
- cause of accidents and injuries
- liver disease
- memory loss
- sexual difficulties
- contribute to weight gain
If you are concerned about the levels of alcohol you are consuming please use the Don’t Bottle It Up website to take an alcohol test.
Newham Rise - more information
It is free, quick and confidential.
If you would like further support for yourself or for a family/friend regarding alcohol consumption, contact CGL Newham Rise
Call: 0800 652 3879
There is also a free Drink Coach App to keep track of alcohol intake, available for download on IOS and Android phones and tablets.
Benefits of the app include:
Download Drink Coach App
- Unit, cost and calorie counter
- Mindfulness videos
- Goal tracker
If you have any further enquiries please contact the Council's Substance Misuse Commissioning Team on 0203 373 8262.