Micro-Providers are those who:
- have five or less full-time equivalent workers (paid or unpaid)
- are independent of any larger organisation
- work full-time or part-time
Micro-Providers come in many different forms:
- sole traders
- social enterprises
- not for profit, charity or voluntary organisations
The Council are able to support Micro-Providers by:
- listening to your ideas and giving you professional feedback
- supporting you to understand legal requirements and any care regulations that might apply to what you plan to do
- providing you with advice and practical information on regulation, training and insurances
- directing you to other organisations who can help
- connecting you to training opportunities for local Health and Social Care Providers
- promoting your organisation to residents who may need your services by encouraging you to register your service on our Health and Social Care Directory. It is free to register on this one-stop-shop for anyone looking for health and social care services and support.
Newham supports customers including people with health and social care needs to start their own businesses.
As a result, this has helped to create a range of services for Newham residents with health and social care needs.
The Supported Employment Team located at Workplace supports all people who wish to become micro-enterprise or entrepreneurs.
If you need help to start or set up your own business please contact the Supported Employment Team
Micro-enterprise Project Grant
Newham council will give grants to people who are starting up or developing micro-enterprises in the borough.
These grants are for between £500 to £2,000 and we will give them to:
Micro-enterprise Project Grant guidance notesMicro-enterprise Project Grant application form
- local disabled entrepreneurs
- entrepreneurs offering health and social care services to older or disabled people in Newham
Make sure you read the guidance notes before you fill in the application form.
For more information and general enquiries, about micro-enterprise support, please contact:
Top tipsUseful links
Joseph Kunyeda - Newham Supported Employment Officer
112 - 118 The Grove
Tel: 020 3373 1101