Co-Production means working together.
In Newham it means council members, staff and people who use their services (customers) working together as equals in the design, commissioning, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of services.
Co-Production gives everyone an opportunity to have a say and be part of important decisions on a range of services in Newham, so that services:
- do what legally has to be done
- are fit for purpose
- have access to first-hand experiences of disabled people, carers, those with mental health conditions and the elderly
- can demonstrate the value placed on the views of residents
- meet the needs of residents
- are accessible to those who need them
- create strong effective relationships by working together to identify solutions to challenges and producing better solutions
The Co-Production process has been helping to create more trust between the council and residents since 2007.
Newham council has a well established Co-Production structure, which:
- is made up of a in-house Co-Production Team and a number of external providers
- makes sure that there is a consistent approach to engagement with customers.
Newham Co-Production Forum (Adults)
The Newham Co-Production Forum (Adults) is one of the key structures for engagement and decision making. The forum provides brings together:
- customer and patient groups
- the council
- NHS Newham Clinical Commissioning Group
- Other stakeholders such as Healthwatch Newham
to work on important health and social care issues.
The Forum directs the work of key task groups and feeds and feeds into the Health and Well Being Board which is the key health and social care decision making body.
The Forum is currently co-chaired by Councillor Susan Masters and Angus McKenzie-Davie.
The Newham Leisure Access Forum and the Newham Homelessness Partnership Advisory Group are other Co-Production structures
The Newham Co-Production Forum (Adults), Newham Leisure Access Forum and the Homelessness Partnership Advisory Group work along side a group of empowered and skilled residents who get involved on Co-Production in areas that interest them.
New residents wanting to be involved are always welcome and we hold resident introduction sessions on a regular basis. For more details please contact a member of the Co-Production Team.
If you would like to:
- make comments
- make suggestions or
- give ideas for improvement
- get involved
Then please contact the Co Production team:
Call: 0203 373 4131 / 0203 373 1638 / 0203 373 8392