Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Paying for Non-Residential Care Services

We want to help you live in your own home for as long and as independently as possible. To do this we have a range of help and support available such as:

Non-residential services

These services include;

  • direct payments
  • homecare
  • going to day centres
  • transport

How much do these services cost?

We may charge a fixed rate or carry out a financial assessment to work out how much you will have to pay for services such as:

  • Independent Living Services including Homecare Support (personal care), Domiciliary Care (practical support and domestic services) and Outreach Services/Community Access
  • Day care (excluding day care as part of their residential care package)
  • Transport we provide
  • Services provided via a Personal Budget, including those paid through a direct payment

Some people may be exempt from charges:

Exemptions - more information

How are services provided?

We provide the service through a personal budget to give you more control over the support you get. You will be able to choose from a variety of services that are tailored to meet your needs.

Personal budgets-more information

Will I have to pay?

If you get our support you may have to make a contribution towards the cost of your services:

We will ask you to complete a financial assessment form giving details of your income and savings. We will then work out whether you have to pay a contribution and how much.

More about how we work out what you will pay

Non-residential Financial Assessment Form 3 Income, Capital and Investments

Non-residential Financial Assessment Form 4 Additional Details

More information

Paying for non-residential care leaflet

How to get in touch

If you would like to talk to someone about the new way of charging for Adult Social Care services and how it may affect you contact our helpline on 020 3373 1184. Monday -Friday 9am to 5pm