The organisations below can provide you with support if you:
- are affected by someone else's drug or alcohol use
- need advice with managing your caring responsibilities?
Newham Carers Network
- Provides advocacy, information, and advice for all carers all ages
- Offers support services and activities for young carers
- Assists the development of carer’s support groups
- Provides a programme of health support services for carers
- Facilitates a carers forum in Newham
- Encourages planners and providers to develop services which are “carer-aware”.
- Reaches hidden carers e.g. young carers, carers from BME communities, and marginalised carers through targeted outreach
Call: 0208 519 0800/0870
lines are open:
Mon,Tues: 10:00-12:00 and 14:00-16:00
Fri: 10:00 - 12:00
You are eligible for a carers assessment if you provide, or intend to provide, unpaid care or support on a regular basis for someone who would not be able to manage without help due to:
- a physical or mental illness
- substance misuse
You are eligible for an assessment in your own right, even if the person you care for refuses:
a community care assessment
- the support that is being offered to them
The person you care for may or may not live with you.
More about Carer's Assessments
A carer’s assessment is not a test of your ability as a carer, but an opportunity to look at ways in which we can support you in your caring role.
Your health, employment and leisure needs will be considered when assessing and providing services.
For a list of useful organisations that provide Drug and alcohol treatment & recovery services in Newham, click on the directory link below and enter your postcode:
Drug and alcohol treatment & recovery in Newham
Domestic Violence Information
For a list of useful organisations that provide Domestic Violence services in Newham, click on the directory link below and enter your postcode:
Domestic Violence services in Newham