This is a comprehensive information service that helps to put you in control of your healthcare.
It helps you make choices about your health, including:
Visit the NHS Choices website
- lifestyle decisions about things like smoking, drinking and exercise
- finding and using NHS services when you need them
- When and where to receive treatment
Information for those with an immediate medical worry including:
- a self-help guide
- a symptom checkersymptom checker
- answers to common health questions
- an online enquiry service
Enter your postcode to find telephone numbers and full details for all the health services in your area, everything from GPs and dentists to carer services and gyms.
Information from health professionals covering more than 750 conditions and treatments.
Information is given in words, pictures and video.
See the ratings for things such as:
- car parking arrangements
- availability of A&E departments
- experience of a particular procedure
- in some cases, survival rates
A lifestyle section that provides guides, tips and high-quality information on how to live a healthier life.
Care and support guide
This section provides a step-by-step guide to the practical help, support and advice that's on offer from Social Care.