What we do
Newham's 0-25 Specialist Educational Needs (SEN) Social Care Team supports disabled children, young people and their families when:
- the need for services is because of the child's disability or intrinsic condition
- their conditions have a substantial or critical impact on the quality of their daily lives
- when needs cannot be fully met by universal or targeted services alone.
Together we support young people to develop Educational Health Care plans(EHC).
Educational Health Care Plans(EHC)
An EHC plan is for children and young people aged up to 25 who need more support than SEN support. EHC plans identify educational, health and social needs and set out the additional support needed to meet those needs.
The 0-25 SEN Social Care Team will work with each young person to:
- create a circle of support to help them to develop a person centred support plan
- advocate their choices
- support them in making decisions about their life and the support they need.
How to make a referral
Call the Children's Triage Service on 020 3373 4600
Call the Access to Social Care Team on 020 8430 2000 Option 2